This project was easy and very quick, once we figured out how to actually put it together. It really only took us one evening to make it.
First, we cut two long strips of burlap and then I sewed pockets at the end of each with opening towards the middle of the display.
Second, we cut and sewed lengths of jute twine in between each of the long strips of burlap.
Third, we cut and painted two wooden dowels and then slid about 5 loops of burlap that I had sewn onto one of the dowels.
Fourth, we slide the ends of the dowels into the top and bottom pockets of the burlap strips. The dowel with the loops of burlap when on the top side of the system.
Fifth, we brought the display down to the wedding and had my maid of honor, Rachel, and my bridesmaid, Sam, pick pictures that we and our parents had collected to display. We hung the display in a large window that looked out onto the patio we had dinner on, so we were able to double side the pictures!
Overall, I think this was a great project and really made a good conversation piece for all of our guests. I'm happy we did it and I hope someday we can find another use for this display!